St. Mary’s Ardee was the venue for the 27th Louth LGFA County Convention on 2nd December 2019 .
County Chairman Liam O’Neill opened proceedings by welcoming Dominic Leach Leinster LGFA Chairman, David Rogers Louth GAA and all club representatives to the convention.
Before giving an overview of the year, Liam thanked everyone who worked so tirelessly for Louth LGFA especially all the volunteers, various committees and GAA clubs for the use of their facilities over the past year
Cooley Kickhams clubman Liam O’Neill was returned as chairman for a second year in the position, while outgoing secretary, Angela O’Neill, was also ratified for a second year in her role.
In his address to clubs, Mr O’Neill complimented the All-Ireland winning Louth U16 and adult teams, and thanked their respective managements, led by Martin Duffy and Darren Bishop respectively.
The chairman referred to the strong club season in which, he said, the standard of play in both the League and Championship finals was of an extremely high standard.
All sponsors, including Defy, Dundalk Credit Union, Blackstone Motors and Lenra Construction, were thanked for their efforts during the year, as were members of all the county committees. Furthermore, Mr O’Neill made an appeal for new referees to come forward, while congratulating David Loughran and Paul Burke on their membership of the national referees’ panel.
He finished by encouraging members to remain “proactive” in ensuring Louth LGFA continues its strides forward.
An Lú Peil Na Mban Oifigeach (Officers) 2020
- Cathaoirleach: Liam O’Neill
- Leas Cathaoirleach: Edel Woods
- Runaí: Angela O’Neill
- Leas Runaí: Deferred to January meeting
- Cisteoir (Treasurer): Johann Fedigan
- Leas Cisteoir: Gabriel Clarke
- Oifigeach Leanbh (Childrens Officer): Lilly Dowdall
- Oifigeach Caidrimh Phoiblí (PRO): Dermot Woods
- Oifigeach Gaeilge & Cultúir: Deferred to January meeting
- Teachta Ard Chomhairle (Central Council): Pat Carr, Dermot Woods,
- Teachta Chomhairle Laighin (Leinster Council): Sonia Gernon, Edel Woods
- Cláraitheoir (Registrar): Ann Fedigan
- Oifigeach Fórbartha (Development): Deferred to January meeting