Applications now open for 2021 LGFA Programmes
Gaelic4Girls – Aimed at clubs who want to increase numbers of players from age 8-12. This programme aims to support clubs to reach new players and get them playing Gaelic Football.
Closing date for applications – November 27th 2020
G4G is a 10 week programme incorporating coaching sessions with fun non-competitive blitzes aimed at increasing participation in Ladies Gaelic Football. The programme targets girls aged between 8-12 years who are not currently registered with a Ladies Gaelic Football club.
Gaelic4Teens – Aimed at clubs who want to tackle issue at PLAYER RETENTION in age bracket 13-17 years old.
Deadline for Application- Monday November 16th 2020
The Gaelic4Teens initiative aims to tackle the issue of player retention in the 13-17 years age bracket and after a successful pilot in 2017, the programme has expanded ever since.
What are the aims of the Gaelic4Teens Programme?
- Educate club coaches in relation to the needs and interests of teenage girls in sport
- Provide a unique programme of Ladies Gaelic Football activities to retain girls aged 13-17 years
- Develop athletic and social skills for girls in a safe and nurturing environment
What are the benefits of running Gaelic4Teens in your Club?
- Training will be provided to the Coaches and Co-ordinator in your Club
- Resources will be provided to your Club to market and advertise the Programme
- Coaching structures across the teams of this age group in your club will be improved
- Meet and learn from our Gaelic4Teens Ambassadors
- Club will be invited to participate in the Gaelic4Teens Festival Day if it is possible
- Unique Gaelic4Teens gear will be available to purchase for players and coaches
Who are the Gaelic4Teens Ambassadors?
We are delighted to have some of our top LGFA stars as ambassadors to share expertise from their area. These are…
- Skill Development/Coaching – Fiona McHale (Mayo), Jackie Kinch (Wicklow) & Laura Fleming (Roscommon)
- Athletic Development – Cliodhna O’Connor (Dublin), Bronagh McGrane (Louth) & Cassandra Buckley (Kerry)
- Lifestyle Planning/Team Culture– Orlagh Farmer (Cork), Emily Martin (Down) & Maire O Shaughnessy (Meath)
- Nutrition & Hydration – Sharon Courtney (Monaghan), Sinead Delahunty (Tipperary)